Welcome to the College of Business at the Pyongyang University of Science and Technology (PUST). The College of Business introduces our students to the world of global business, finance and economics and equips them with the knowledge that will facilitate the development of their country and engagement with the world outside.
The primary focus is on regular economic, market and business practices across the world.
Foundation courses in basic economics, business and financial systems lead on to more advanced and specialized courses in management and financial topics.
The undergraduate Bachelor curriculum lasts three years, plus a graduation thesis; after which selected students continue with Masters courses also lasting three years, including a major research thesis; and the possibility for higher research degrees.
College of Business Courses
- Micro- and macro-economics and econometrics
- Mathematics, statistics and calculus
- Financial markets
- Banking, insurance and financial services
- International finance, foreign exchange and institutions
- Mathematics of finance, analysis and simulation
- Business law and contracts
- International business and trade
- Business processes, methods and strategy
- Marketing and communications
- Entrepreneurship and innovation
- Leadership and decision-making
- Human resource management
- Management information systems and knowledge management
- Database systems
- Enterprise resource planning and logistics
- Applications and methods for various industries and markets including leisure and tourism